NaPoWriMo 10: Awakened

Frustrations of waking often overwhelm me.
Sun pools on my face, oblivious to my plight.
Beep beep, beep beep!
The dreaded alarm squeals for attention.
I cannot tell an inanimate object to be quiet.
My hand hovers over snooze... SMACK!
Silence, wonderful silence.
Pull the blanket over my head.
Turn away from the light.
BANG!
The ceiling must have caved in... pity.
But no, it's my parents.
Slamming the door wide open.
Time to get up!
Though they are relentless, my body will not cooperate.
As they leave, a ferocious beast enters the room.
Trampling me with its claws.
Oh, wait.
It's just our dog.
I pull her furry, warm body in for a hug.
ROWF!
My ears bleed.
I shove her away.
Only to receive more playful growls.
I see I'm bound to fail...
I drag myself out of bed.

Comments

Popular Posts