NaPoWriMo 9: This Bubble

Inside this bubble, I dwell.
This never bursting, never breathing bubble.
Encased in its resilience, entrapped in its elasticity.
I stretch as much as I may, but to no use.
I am ready for flight, equipped for travel.
But alas, the bubble's qualms pin me down.
Its own fears surround me, envelop me.
They do not put me off, cannot.
I struggle for my long-awaited freedom.
This bubble does not hear my pleas.
Though I present them clearly.
But then again, the bubble is resolute.
I do not blame it for its stubbornness.
It cannot change its experience.
Yet here I am: growing, learning... yearning.
I should not be held back.
I know it harbors good will for me.
But in its love, a fear seeps.
Fear for my life.
However, I must spread my wings, take off, soar.
And that is what I dream of.
This bubble is determined.
But then again, so am I.
Who will overcome?
Me or this bubble?

Comments

Popular Posts